Position: Service Advisor
Job Overview – Description & Duties
Reports to: Marty Humphries, Fixed Operations Manager
The Service Advisor is responsible for scheduling RV services and selling recommended products and services when applicable in a timely and professional manner. They represent the front-lines of the service department and should be patient, courteous and kind to staff and customers alike.
The Service Advisor is responsible for building accurate work orders, gathering and interpreting information on RV conditions and advising customers on recommended or required services. Other duties may be requested as needed.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and professionally at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accountable and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Great work ethic and positive team-driven attitude
- Highly flexible with solid interpersonal skills
- Positive Energy
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Works effectively in a diverse and dynamic environment
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise customers on the care and maintenance of their RVs
- Advise customers of parts ordered
- Assist other staff as needed
- Build accurate work orders with detailed notes to assist RV Technicians
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Gather customer and RV information effectively and accurately
- Greet each customer promptly, with courtesy and ensure each customer waiting to be served will be helped shortly
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Handle minor customer complaints and work to resolve them promptly
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding jobs in-progress, appointments and return phone messages promptly
- Interpret warranty information and policies to customers
- Keep a daily log of repair orders placed, the status of them, as well as any carry-overs or relevant information.
- Learn RV specific parts and assist customers in store when needed.
- Maintain great relationships with existing customers and build rapport with new customers.
- Operate a point-of-sale system to assemble work orders and take payments.
- Schedule installation and maintenance appointments
- Stay up to date on technical and performance information on all vehicles serviced by the dealership.
- Charismatic personality with a professional appearance and manners.
- Experience in customer service or sales is an asset.
- Proven data entry, editing and typing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Previous RV industry knowledge is considered an asset.
- Available benefits programs – health, RRSP and tax-free savings.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Flexible vacation schedule.
- Opportunities for on-the-job training.
- Profit-share program.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Must be double-vaccinated upon hiring
Bring in a resume and speak with Marty between 9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday to Friday at 9 Trout Lake Road, Aweres Township, Sault Ste. Marie, ON.
Christie’s RV values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Christie’s RV is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require an accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Christie’s RV.